Knife pleating has a 3:1 ratio (three inches of fabric to one inch of finished pleat plus 15 cm). The length of the fabric is required 3 times the hip measurement + 10cm ease, not the waist measurement.
If the material needs to be hemmed this should be done before it is sent to us.
- When hemming ensure that the hem is straight and not pulled tight as this will cause an uneven pleat along the hem
- We do not cut material so all material must be cut to size
- For Box pleating and larger knife pleating the drop can be no longer than 900mm (90cm) this is the measurement from waist to floor.
- The length as in around the waist can be up to 4 meters
- You must allow three time the amount of material for knife pleating
- This pleating is done by hand and produces a sharp pleat